INFORMATION TO BAPTIZE HERE AT LA PURISIMA
Please register two months prior to the baptism at the parish office. Keep in mind that the child must be 6 yrs of age at the date of baptism (If the child is 7yrs or older, there is a different process). You will need to submit:
- a complete application
- a copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Sponsor copies of his/her Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation certificates.
- If sponsor(s) are married, they need to be married through the catholic church and provide the church certificate.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PARENTS
- To be active Catholics, registered parishioners of La Purísima Church.
- If parents are members of another parish, a letter of permission from their Pastor is needed before the date of Baptism is assigned.
- To register in person (not by phone) at the Parish Office at least 2 months in advance of the desired Baptismal date so we can help you by filling out appropriate paperwork and enroll you and the Godparents in our Baptismal Preparation Class.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GODPARENTS
- Godparent must be a practicing Roman Catholic in communion with the Church. If married, he/she must be married in the Catholic Church, and bring a copy of the Church Marriage Certificate. If the godparent chosen is ONLY married civilly, they CANNOT be the godparent. If single, he/she CANNOT be living with their significant other outside of the sacrament of marriage.
- Godparent must attend a Baptismal Preparation Class (please see below).
- Godparent must be at least 16 years of age, fully initiated. In other words, they need to have received their Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation.
BAPTISMAL PREPARATION CLASS : Parents and godparent(s) are required to attend class the month prior to the Baptism date. If parents and/or godparent(s) are not able to attend class at La Purisima, they can attend class at another parish and submit a certificate of completion at least 15 days prior to Baptismal date. If class has been taken within the past two years, you are cleared from taking the class again, but have to submit the certificate of completion. If the certificate is not received, baptism will get POSTPONED.
- ENGLIGH: Every 3rd Monday at 7:00PM
- SPANISH: Every 1st & 2nd Monday at 7:00PM (both required for completion)
- VIETNAMESE: By appointment
COMMUNITY BAPTISMS ARE OFFERED:
- ENGLIGH: Every 1st Sunday of the month at 2:00PM
- SPANISH: Every 1st Saturday of the month at 10:00AM
- VIETNAMESE: Every 2nd Sunday of the month at 2:00pm
- PRIVATE : Ask parish office, dependent on availability
DONATIONS: *We accept cash, card and check*
- $75.00 for Community Baptism
- $300.00 for Private Baptism
PLEASE REMEMBER: All parents, godparents, and children must be in the church 15 minutes before the baptism begins.
BAPTISM APPLICATION: Click below to download